Friday, October 23, 2009

The Bridal Shows: Black glove love

The Vera Wang show was fab (as expected), but I was floored by this wispy dress paired with black gloves (above photograph by Dan Lecca from Brides). See, I have a thing for this look, that goes way back...

I rarely forget an image/ad featuring gowns + black gloves. This SJP photo (by ANG/Fame from people.com) is an example. As is this Estée Lauder Dazzling ad from way back (excuse the quality, as this ad was nearly impossible for me to locate).

Then there are the NYC/Paris runways. I never forget a show featuring this look, as seen at Givenchy's fall 2006 couture show (left, photo by Marcio Madeira) & Ralph Lauren's spring 2008 rtw show (right, photo by Don Ashby & Olivier Claisse - both from style.com).

Gowns + black gloves just define chic for me.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I suddenly am longing for a black tie affair...What a gorgeous look!